Wednesday, 8 June 2016

Kiki Series

01 The awakening.



I stood motionless at the junction. I had just seen two vehicles collide.
The damage wasn’t too serious, headlights and bumpers need to be fixed but nothing fatal. Still I stood motionless. It wasn’t fear, I wasn’t alarmed. My mind just drifted and I started to think about the two drivers behind the wheels of the vehicles. How every moment today, everything they did and didn’t do, had brought them to this exact point. I guess I have had my own share of life events which have left me with questions like ‘what did I do right?’ or sadly, most of the time ‘what am I doing wrong?’.


It felt way longer, but it must have been only a few seconds. I was brought back to consciousness when the two women got out of their cars and got into an argument. Two women? What are the odds. In a moment a crowd had gathered round to watch. Typical Lagos.


I made my way around the crowd to the other side of the road and got into the parked car.


Before I go further, you should know a little about me. My name is Kiki. I was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria. I have come a long way I must say. I started out in school as a model, made a few public appearances, music videos, fashion shows, fashion magazines...... and I made a very strong social media presence. Now at 23, I have recently gotten my big break as a big time OAP. I’m living the life.


On a normal day, I would go on and on about my career. Honestly, I love it. I love the fame, the glam and all the pretty things that come with it. I’d wear anything. I feel like a different person out there. I can say anything about anyone and to anyone. But I need to talk about the real stuff. You see, when I’m alone, I want something more, something permanent- satisfaction that stays with me at all times.


I was inside the car now and I turned to my brother, my most trusted friend and occasional driver- Daniel.  “Traffic is already building up, can I just take you home, I have to go see Tomi” he said.


I was home 2 hours later. 2 hours for a 35-minute drive. I guess this is one of the many problems. There are so many things that I face outside of work, which I shouldn’t have to. No one should.  I’m living the dream and it’s distracting me from my reality.


In reality, I live in a pretty screwed up society.

…………To be continued ……….
Next episode here

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I look forward to knowing what's eating Kiki up inside...nice one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your audience. You can check out the new episode.

      Delete
  2. Lol @ the reality... nice :)

    ReplyDelete